The department is dedicated to the provision of services in the field of Ear, Nose, Throat, Head and Neck diseases. It functions as the Apex Institution in the North West Zone. It utilizes a dedicated and team oriented workforce along with judicious use of available resources to achieve the goal.
1. Consultants 6
2. Visiting Consultants/Professor 1
3. Senior Registrars & Supernumerary 7
4. Junior Registrars & Supernumerary) 6
5. ENT Nurses Practitioners 9
6. Audiometrician 2
7. Hospital Attendants 5
8. Confidential Secretary 1
9. Health Records Clerk 2
10. Head Porter 1
Level of Performance:
(i) Postgraduate Activities:
- 1 Senior Registrar Passed the Part (II) Fellowship Examination in 2012
- 7 Junior Residents passed Part 1 Examination. The department recorded 100% pass rate in both April and October Examination in 2011.
- The Department has a full accreditation for postgraduate training by both National Postgraduate Medical College and the West African Postgraduate Medical College.
- The department has accepted three (3) Otorhinolaryngology Residents from other Institutions as Supernumerary.
(ii) Clinical Services:
- Clinical Attendance: A Clinical attendance of 6,256 patients was recorded during the year.
- Outpatient Procedures: A total of 300 procedures were carried out in the Clinic and 845 procedures in Audio Room.
- Surgical Operation: A total of 258 operations were carried out in 2012.
- d. Nasal Endoscopy (both flexible and rigid) was commended in 2012 for both diagnostic and therapeutic purposes.
- Commenced FESS (Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery), Microlaryngoscopy and Major Otologic (Ear) procedures.
- Temporary bone lab became fully functional during the year 2012.
- Cadaver dissection on Endoscopy Sinus Surgery commenced.
- Availability of BIPP (Bismuth Lodoform Panaffia Paste) for nasal packing in the department.
(iii) Staff Development:
- All Residents attended Structured Courses as at and when due during the year.
- One Consultant went for Masters Programme (MSc) in Äudiovestibular Medicine in U.K.
- Secretary promoted to Senior Secretarial Assistant II.