The Department of Physiotherapy is amongst the clinical service departments of the Hospital. It is concerned with the treatment, rehabilitation management and health promotion of deserving clients/patients both adults and children. These services are
tailored towards curative, corrective and preventive care.
The Department is in direct contact with Bayero University, Physiotherapy academic activity vis-à-vis, B. Physiotherapy Programme, Master of Science (M.Sc.), Master of Physiotherapy (MPT), PhD, and Physiotherapeutic Researches.
The Department is structured under two (2) units:
• Out-patient Unit
• In-patient Unit
• Paediatric Section
• Cardio Pulmonary
• Neurology Section
• Orthopaedic Section
• Women Health
• Therapeutic Exercise
• Fitness Program
In-Patient (Ward) Unit
• Paediatrics (Medicine/Surgery)
• Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- To assess and manage patients.
- To participate in counselling clients.
- To organize and encourage Hospital-based physical fitness programme.
- To reassessed patients for appropriate referral.
- To liaise with other departments/units in the Hospital for quality care given to patients.
- Participation in outreach programmes.
- Organise Physiotherapy internship programmes.
- Organise Physiotherapy under/post-graduate clinical activities.
- To participate in organizing programs on preventive/corrective management of physical disabilities both in adults and children.
- To encourage clinical researchers in various conditions for both under/post-graduate studies
- To participate in Public Health awareness programmes on radio and other media.
GARBA MUHD FAGGE
Head of Department