The General Administration Division handles both routine and ad-hoc duties, which included but not limited to the following:
- Coordinating the activities of the support services departments
- Procurement of routine consumables and process payments of same.
- Monitoring the consumption patterns of the consumables as well ensures their re-order on reaching the reorder level in conjunction with the Stores and Suppliers Department.
- Supervision of the information Technology Unit.
- Supervision of Cleaning Services by the cleaning contractors in addition processing the engagement/re-engagement of their services contracts
- Processing payments of utilities i.e. water, electricity, courier and telephone services and well as supervision of the services of hired drivers as well as processing payment for their services.
- Managing the usage and maintenance of the Hospitals vehicles
- Processing payment of security contractors.
- Fuel allocation to the hospital’s vehicles and Generating sets.
The Hospital expended the sum of Sixty One Million Naira (N61,000,000.00) only, made up of Fifty Five Million, Six Hundred and Seventy Four Thousand, Sixty Naira (N55,674,060.00)for (AGO) and Five Million Nine Hundred and Eighty Four Thousand Naira (N5,984,000) only was spent on procurement of Diesel and Petrol for the hospital generating Sets and official vehicles for effective services delivery.
During the year under review, the Hospital spent the sum of Seventy Four Million, Seven hundred and Seventy Five Thousand, Six hundred and Sixty Seven Naira (N74,775,667.00) for security services from 3 companies listed below:
- Crown Continental;
- M. U. Security;
- Kings Guard;
A total sum of Forty Two Million, Four Hundred and Sixty Three Thousand, two Hundred Naira (N42,463,200.00) was spent on Cleaning Services during the year under review. A total of Nine companies are engaged to cover various areas ranging from Wards, Clinics and offices.
Delivery of official mail to and outside the Hospital was handled by FEDEX Red Star Express Courier Services in addition to NIPOST for special Delivery Services (collection and delivery of mail). Internal mail were however dispatched by staff of the hospital. During the year under review, a total sum of One million, Three hundred and Seventy Two Thousand, Three hundred and Eighteen Naira, Seventy Five Kobo (N1,372,318.75)only was spent for the courier services.
Water Supply and Bill Payment:
As with electricity the Hospital depends on both the Public Water Supply from the Kano State Water Board as well as internal sources (bore holes).
The hospital paid more than Twenty Four million made up of the sum of Twenty Three Million, Nine Eight Thousand, Eight hundred Naira (N23,098,800.00) for the Main Hospital and Three Hundred and Forty Nine Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (N349,500.00)for Kumbotso Comprehensive Health Centre for water supply. The public water supply to the Hospital is complimented by boreholes maintained by the Hospital.
Electricity Supply and Bill Payment:
The Hospital premises and the rural outreach at Kumbotso relied on two complementary sources for their Electricity supply i.e. the Power Holding Company source and the stand bye/satellite generating sets. During most part of the year under review (2012), the hospital enjoyed a fairly stable supply from PHCN which however deteriorated towards the end of the year.
The Hospital paid electricity bills of more than Fifty Three Million made up of the sum of Fifty Three Million, Sixty Five Thousand, Six Hundred and Eight Naira)N53,065,608.00) only for the main hospital and Three hundred and Ninety six thousand, Nine hundred and Seventy Naira (N396,970.00)only for Kumbotso Comprehensive Centre.
The Hospital outsourced the services of Nine (9) drivers in line with the Federal Government directives on outsourcing. An agreement was entered into with A.A. Rescue which supplied the drivers to the Hospital for which the sum of Three Hundred and Twenty Four Thousand Naira (N324,000.00) only per month totaling Three Million, Eight Hundred and Seventy Six Thousand Naira (N3,876,000.00) only per annum.
The Division comprises of the following staff:
- Asst. Director of Admin 1
- Chief Admin Officer 1
- Prin. Admin Officer 1
- Admin Officer I 1
- Confidential Secretary I 1
- Chief Clerical Officer 1
- Senior Clerical Officer 1
- Head Porter 1
Some staffs of the Division were sponsored to various training programme in 2012 as detailed below: -
- Asst. Director of Admin attendant two weeks at ASCON Badagry Lagos on 3rd to 18th November, 2012 on Advance Public Enterprises Management.
- Chief Admin officer attended a one week Workshop at Centre Management Development on Health Professionals and Administrators in Lagos.
- Admin Officer I attended a One (1) workshop on Insurance Policy Cover at Abuja.
- Confidential Secretary I attended four days workshop on improvement of personal effectiveness, attitudinal change and service delivery quality assurance at Institute for Advanced Secretarial and Corporate Administration, Lagos on 18th to 21st December, 2012.