The Legal Unit is under the office of the Chief Medical Director and it is responsible for handling all legal matters of the hospital, some of which are:-
- Legal document coming in or going out of the hospital are properly vetted in order to ensure that things are done in accordance with the provision of the law of the land.
- Legal advice is also given in respect of hospital dealings with the staff and outsiders.
- Monitoring of hospital court cases that are being handled by external solicitors of the hospital. Presently the hospital has the following cases in court:
- Suit No.FHC/K/CS/16/08 Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital vs Salisu Sule Indabawa. Salisu Sule is however late and his name has been substituted by his next of kin.
- C.O.P vs Ado Abdullahi is pending before Chief magistrate Court Nomansland Kano.
On the area of training, the staff in the Unit attended workshops/Seminars. The last one attended was a Summit on Anti-Corruption and Rule of Law.
The Unit will continue to ensure that the hospital’s interest is always legally protected.